Sunday, January 16, 2011

My HGTV show

I knew I wanted to start a blog once the kids came, and preferably before, but I could never think of a good way to start that wasn't just a list of complaints about my various aches.  But today presented the perfect opportunity... pictures!!!  I'm seizing the weekend to start nursery preparations, and I have some befores and afters.

Our two spare rooms are the Bug Room and the Planet Room, named after the decor left behind from the previous owners.  The Planet Room (planets not shown) was our art/sewing/junk room:


And the Bug Room was our spare bed/junk room:



After lots of junk removal (mostly to the basement) and some organization, I present to you The Soon-To-Be Bug-Free Nursery:




And the Still Planetary Spare Bed, Sewing and Everything Else Room:


Yes, our house is teensy.  That queen takes up about 75% of that room.  But what are you going to do?  Well, yes, move.  And we will, eventually, but until then, I'll just have less space to explode my sewing projects.

I don't have a real fancy plan for the nursery decor yet.  All I know is that it MUST include this peacock decal which has stolen my heart.  I'm so smitten; I want one in every room!!


Of course, once that's on the wall, there's not really much room for anything else.  Here's my Sketchup of the room with just two standard cribs and a dresser.


Add a rocking chair in the corner, and that's pretty much all the real estate.  So while a fancy chair rail beadboard thing would be pretty cool, I don't know if it's worth the effort just to cover it all up anyway.  So, peacock it is!

Anyway, that is the fascinating story of my interior decoration thus far.  I suppose I should give an update on the twins, too.

How far along: 17 weeks, 2 days

Gestation completed: 45.5%

Fetal Size: Baked potatoes

Sexes: Unknown until 2/7

Kicks: Undetectable

Worst symptom: Headaches and pizza face

Best symptom: Boobs

Cravings/aversions: None

Belly: Round and awesome

And, for those who are counting (me), 74 days left until retirement.  Woo!  I still have no idea what I'll do with myself in the jobless, babyless, mobility-less interim, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.  Streaming Netflix won't let me down.

4 comments:

  1. I'm disturbed by the multiple colors below the bug border. Reminds me of my first place, one wall in the 2nd bedroom had semi trucks, the opposite wall had teddy bears and hearts. The ashtray was in the middle. Classy previous owners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dressmaker form is a little unnerving considering I'm in the thick of reading "The Silence of the Lambs" right now. But squee, it looks so good! And I love the peacock decal! I wouldn't worry about the small rooms. Remember how small our rooms were growing up? I didn't even realize they were small until I got a house of my own. The twins will love the nursery. I can't wait to read all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it takes a special person to appreciate that bug-border of awesomeness -- having said that, I'm glad you took it down. That peacock decal is super gorgeous, you can't go wrong with that. Love it!
    Ps I'm with Karen, belly pics, belly pics, belly pics!

    ReplyDelete